Friday, July 12, 2019

Intention

Intention


This blog is a recounting of my daily life experiences as I grow older.

It will also be an account of the inner counsel and advice I’ve received along the way, advice I have done my best to follow, knowing it will continue to keep my life interesting and inspiring. For, what is life without motivation, making goals, and achieving them?

These tasks were easy enough to achieve when I was younger, but as I grow older, the act of remaining inspired seems to have more of a chore, an effort taking a lot more imagination and will power.

When I was young, there were infinite possibilities and remaining inspired was as easy as painting my toenails. There were almost too many goals to consider. As I grew older and the horizon came into focus, the boundless sky appeared more limited.  I realized if I wanted to stay motivated and inspired, I would have to develop a new paradigm. A shift from seeing goals as getting or becoming, to recognizing the incredible worth of what is happening here and now. 

This blog is about the simple things I’ve discovered that can help me retain a life worth living even though I've moved into the seemingly dark domain of old age, one of the most formidable undertakings I’ve yet encountered.

I hope to share some of the techniques and mindsets I’ve discovered, (and continue to discover); everything from nutrition and physical health to yoga, meditation, and moving out of the space of my head into my heart

 I am not writing this blog to become famous, make a quick buck, or to establish myself as someone better than anyone else, but to list the methods that have worked for me and might work for you.

Resources that have helped me remember my true magnificence, have kept me in the constant realization that, although I am in this world, (a world where growing older can appear pretty heinous at times), I am not OF this world. 

Only in that realization is true Peace, in any situation, possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment