Sunday, August 4, 2019

Forever Young


Forever Young/Old

Friends visited from Holland this past week and coerced me into attending an exhibition at one of the museums here in the neighborhood. The name of the showing: Forever Young.


The name hooked me.   Maybe I could find a few hints about anti-aging or maybe a new inspiration for my blog.

Alas. The exhibition wasn’t so much about staying forever young, but rather a display of works of artists who had died long before their time: Elvis, Warhol, Haring, Basquiat. Like Marilyn and James Dan, they have remained forever young in our eyes.

So, I guess the message was: if you want to stay forever young, die young. Unfortunately, the message has come a bit too late for me.

With my luck, I’ll find out after my death that we spend eternity in Heaven in a body resembling the one we left.

Hail to the people who have died young. Youth for eternity.

For those of us who waited too long, an eternity as Statler and Walldorf of Muppets, ancient figures, endlessly staring down at humanity from the clouds above, ridden with wrinkles and bitterness, Forever Old…
The alternative is :
Repeat after me: "I am not a body, I am free for I am as God created me!" (ACIM)
This little tid-bit is good to know and rely on, for what is God if not the concept of eternity and perfect peace? In His image, I share those attributes. 
I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment