Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Coping with COVID, coping with life.

 

I discovered the majesty of the NOW moment over 50 years ago... and let it lay.

I discovered the strength and effectivity of the now moment with the advent of Covid 19 and am hanging on for dear life!


When I first read about and tried to put "the now moment" into practice, I found the practice daunting and tedious, to say the least. After all, I was 20 and everything was running pretty smoothly in my life. If any negativity was present, it was eaten up by the vitality and optimism of youth.

Later in life, "the now moment" became an integral part of the wake-up process because it appeared so practical.  This is not to say I put it into practice.  I recognized its value, but again, lacked the incentive. My past was too alluring: so varied, so magnificent, so stimulating,  and I had little cause to annihilate it with the practice of being in "the now moment."

The future was still rosy at that time of my life, the horizon of what could come was still as iinspiring as a winter sunset on Hawaii. Why trade magnificence for the simplicity of "the now moment"?

With the advent of the winter of my life, two factors entered my life that were so daunting, so terrifying, I was forced to pick up the action of calling up the now moment every second of my waking life.

Enter: our still current US president, (the one with the orange hair) The havoc he wreaked on his own land and the world was/is devastating.

Enter: COVID 19, the global pandemic that just doesn’t want to go away. With every ray of hope, another dark cloud covers the sky of a satisfying future.

Hand in hand, these two characters have made created an atmosphere that make me wish I were anywhere else but here.

But, thanks to them, I am now conviced "the now moment" is the most potent and healing place in which I can possibly be, 

COVID 19, for me, has become an unrelenting master constantly rerouting my mind back into "the now moment". To forget, even for a second, that this is the only place I can possible be, is catastrophic. The alternative, an unsure future filled with conspiracy theories and scenes of apocalyptic grandeur is too devastating. 

I know this for a fact. 

In those times I forget to retain "the now moment," the threat of insanity returns with the intensity of a wrecking ball.

If you’re looking for Peace, if you’re looking for solace, if you’re looking for the strength to continue in these trying times, there is no more potent place in this dimension  than "the now moment."

Believe me, I’ve been there many times and regained the strength to return and share with you the precious wisdom of the ages!

Do it NOW.

1 comment:

  1. how true...i also have to make myself aware of " the NOW" every moment...not always easy, but it helps, works and calms...thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete